Friday, January 22, 2010

What If God Says, "Yes"

All of us at some point in our lives have prayed for a "yes" as an answer to many of our concerns and prayers. Sometimes the wait seems life forever. As I grow in my faith, I realize the concerns of my heart already rest in the Lord's hands. Whether it be a "yes", "no" or continue waiting. As I wait in faith for what I expect to be a "yes" I have come to realize the battle has only begun.

Whether your vice is food, money issues, restoring a relationship, beating an addiction, marital problems, or striving desperately to achieve a goal, etc. It's what is after the answered prayer that seems to be the hardest...it's when the real work begins. Maintaining the gift that was given is most often forgotten. Such as, a relationship that has been restored... giving one's time to the other is the priority that most often gets overlooked. Beating an addiction is a challenge that one faces one day at a time....stepping away from the bad influences, and focusing on other constructive alternatives may seem to be a lot less entertaining over time. Losing the spare tire is wonderful....keeping the exercise schedule and the hands out of the cookie jar gets somewhat laxed after the weight is achieved.

I have found in my own life that I have to resist being lackadaisical after an answered prayer. I have to continue to pray for God's guidance in helping me maintain what has been granted to me, and for strength to resist the negative. It's the continuous dialogue with Him that gives me the aftercare I so desperately need and keeps my answered prayer a "yes".

No comments:

Post a Comment